According to the style experts at net-a-porter (and we do believe they’re experts) you only need 10 items to build your Capsule Wardrobe Fall 2012.
1. The Leather pant –for day style them as you would jeans. For evening add a silk kimono style top and statement heels.
2. The 24 hour dress – go from boardroom to bar by mixing up your accessories, hair and make up.
3. The over shirt – keep it loose and fluid. Balance the shape by keeping your lower half streamlined. Leather pants perhaps?
4. The fit and flare skirt – wear high waisted with your over shirt tucked in.
5. The tuxedo jacket – a wardrobe staple this can be worm with skinny jeans, a mini skirt or palazzo pants. Glam it down by teaming with a plain grey marl vest.
6. The biker jacket – another wardrobe staple this can add an edge to evening wear, be thrown over your jeans and boots or work with skinny jeans (or leather pants) and a graphic tea for that off-duty-model look.
7. The cropped pant – goes with embellished flats and/or sky high heels.
8. The pencil skirt – every woman should own one but it’s taken me a long time to find one that works with my shape and fits on the hip as well as the waist). Wear with your tuxedo jacket, biker jacket or over shirt (tucked in).
9. The new puffa – think 2012 not 1994, this is more tailored and streamlined and probably comes with a belt. If you’re looking for an item that is fashionable and practical, this is it.
10. The knit – no autumn/winter list would be complete without knitwear but this time round it’s more luxe than something your Nan rustled up. A longer length means it can go with your leather pants, pencil skirt or under jersey basics.
What’s in your capsule wardrobe for Fall 2012?