We’re on a bit of a Jourdan Dunn roll here: she’s been one busy lady this season and has been providing us with lots of inspiration.
Jourdan walked for Sass & Bide at London Fashion Week, and we got the scoop from Renya Xydis, the show’s Creative Director, Hair on how to recreate Jourdan’s hair at home.
The Tools (all Cloud Nine):
1. Begin by brushing out the hair and create a side part towards the left side of the head
2. Once the hair is free from knots, section off and lightly iron hair from roots with a slight bend using your Cloud Nine Wide Iron set at 125°C. This will add shine into the hair and also smooth out any kinks
3. Sweep hair back with hands into a ponytail at the nape and secure using an elastic wrapped around several times
4. Allow a few loose pieces to rest out of the elastic and fall softly down the side of the face
5. Using your Cloud Nine Micro Wand wrap small sections of the ponytail around the barrel one at a time holding for 2 seconds and release to create a soft curl
6. Repeat this step until all sections of the ponytail have been curled then allow hair to cool.
7. Gently shake out the curls and loosen with your fingers
8. Run through the loose front sections with the Cloud Nine Micro Iron to soften and frame the face
9. To finish the look, texturise the sides of the hair gently and finish with hair spray.
There you have it, an easy way to create a textured, playful and relaxed ponytail. Will you be giving it a try?